Get to Know Me
Happy Friday Friends! Today I wanted to share a little about myself and answered 50 questions so you can get to know me and the person behind this blog. I hope you enjoy reading and we can relate in any way!
1.Are you named after anyone?
Yes, I am named after two ballerinas from Russian and Italy. Italian ballerina Carla Fracci and Russian ballerina Natalia Makarova.
2. Do you have kids? If no, how many do you want?
Yes, I have an almost 3-year-old son named Atticus Rhys. I have stilled not decided about having a second child!
3. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Their smile and style!
4. What is your eye and hair color?
Brown and Brown. Dark Brown if you want to be exact haha.
5. Scary movie or happy endings?
Can it be both??
6. Favorite smells?
Peppermint and Lavender!
7. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
Italy! I want to come back or move there! I really loved Venice and Tuscany.
8. Where were you born?
I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
9. What’s your zodiac sign? Do you believe in it?
I am a scorpio, born November 4th. I haven’t read my horoscope in so long, so I guess I don’t believe in it? Lol
10. What are your hobbies?
Coffee and Dinner with friends, being a balloon artist, binging TV shows, traveling, collecting plants.
11. Do you have any pets?
Yes, Mishu the cat has been with us for six years.
12. Do you have any siblings?
Yes I have two brothers! Noel and Joel.
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I think I am already grown up? Lol. But I want to be a home/plant shop owner- brick and mortar! Coming soon haha.
14. Who was your first best friend?
Keylanis Vargas back in Elementary School!
15. How tall are you?
16.What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
My irrational fears.
17. How many countries have you visited?
If I am not mistaken it would be a total of 7 countries, including the USA of course! Puerto Rico, Mexico, USA, Ireland, England, France, Italy.
18. What was your favorite/worst subject in High School?
Favorite subject was Math and my least favorites was Spanish (so much writing ew). Spanish class was not like learning Spanish, it was like reading and writing essays and such. I suck at writing, but fake it til you make it! Lol.
19. What is your Favorite drink?
Water and Lattes!
20. What Sports do you play/Have you played?
Is dancing a sport? Lol
21. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
Little Baby Bum? Dave and Ava? Super Simple Songs? Lol, moms you will understand!
22. How many Boyfriends have you had?
I think 5 boyfriends. My first two were in 9th and 10th grade, so they were not long serious relationships of course haha. The last three were really long serious relationships, the last one being my husband.
23. How would you describe your fashion sense?
Minimal, classic, effortless.
24. Tell us one of your bad habits!
Biting my nails and fingers! Ugh.
25. 3 things that upset you?
Whining, Know-it-alls, people with no compassion or empathy.
26. 3 things that make you happy?
Seeing Atticus laugh/smile, traveling to beautiful places, eating delicious food.
27. How is your relationship with parents?
We have a great, close relationship!
28. What’s on your mind?
What I can’t focus, why do I have so many things to do, I am excited for the weekend, I love giving surprises.
29. What’s your talent?
I can learn things really easy, and my creative mind won’t stop having so many ideas. I speak two languages. I used to be good dancer and I miss it!
30. What’s your full name?
Carla Natalia Thompson
Carla Natalia Torres Torres before married.
31. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
I guess I am a little bit of both, I can strike conversations with everybody, but become quiet in big groups of people.
32. Are you left or right handed?
33. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
We survive, I am not the worst but not a chef either!
34. Does your name have a special meaning?
I don’t think so, I think it has more meaning where my mom got the names from.
35. If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday?
A trip to Europe for a whole month! Must places to visit are Italy and Greece.
36. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
It would be Italy!
37. What’s your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Eggs! Any kind!
38. What’s your favorite gadget?
My Iphone, lol.
39. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
I hate dishes, I have eczema so my hands hurt and constantly itchy my me having my hands constantly washed or underwater. I also hate washing dishes and touching icky stuff lol. Wait, cleaning the cat litter is my least favorite actually haha!
40. What’s your longest relationship so far?
Me and my husband’s relationship, we have been together for 7 years!
41. What did you do yesterday?
Drove Atticus to school. Went to my favorite little restaurant Community Loaves. Had my favorite egg sandwich and honey latte and work on my computer for about 3 hours. Picked up vitamins for Atticus. Picked Atticus up from school. Had pork dumplings for lunch at home and watch SVU while being on my phone while Atticus napped. In the evening I got a gel manicure because my fingers literally were hurting due to my unending picking and biting habit. The only way that I do it less is when I get gel. Then I walk around Target for a while.
42. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Walking and dancing.
43. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
The Nightingale book, SO GOOD!
44. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Going through Postpartum OCD/Anxiety. It was the hardest, darkest time of my life. Still, I saw so much growth in myself, I am more knowledgeable and I feel I can help others by sharing my experience.
45. How old are you?
31, will be 32 in November. Where are my ’87 babiessss?!
46. Who is your celebrity crush?
I would have to say Hugh Jackman for so many years now. I love him, he secretly loves me too. Vance Joy would be my second celebrity crush. What can I say, I guess I love Australians lol.
47. What are your deepest fears?
Being buried alive. Seeing Atticus die. Roaches.
48. What is your favorite food?
I would say anything Asian. I love sushi, ramen, noodles, fried rice, anything with soy sauce…
My second favorite would be Italian food, especially wide noodles and gnocchi!
49. Something that’s constantly on my mind.
What I am going to eat next. What I am going to create next.
50. Where do you call home now?
I have been living in Jacksonville, Florida for the past 10 years, so I guess is home now!
Have a great weekend!
Photos by Stefanie Keeler Photography